As much as we'd love to live in an environment where every day was around 22 degrees and sunny, the reality is sometimes we have inclement weather.
It may be uncomfortably hot or nastily cold. Yes, even in Toolleen!
We do have a fabulous kennel building where we spend a lot of time monitoring the dogs.
To aid in the comfort of both dogs and humans this building has:
In addition, we also have available a separate area with full air conditioning to ensure that dogs where needed can get additional cooling.
- Full insulation in both roof and all walls.
- Industrial fans to be used on those hotter days
- Plenty of water
- Ice available for drinks (both humans and dogs!)
- New external sprinkler system for the roof which will reticulate water to keep the building cooler
- Our building colour (cream) was also specifically selected to bounce off hot sun rays.
- When Jane designed the placement of the kennel building, it was done in such a way as to maximise warmth of the winter sun, and minimise heat in summer.
- We monitor the temperature at all times during those awful weather days
We do not allow dogs to exercise in the heat of the day in the warmer months. We have shade cloth and doggy houses in our dog runs, but will bring dogs into the kennel block, where they will be fully supervised with appropriate human interaction, on those stinky hot days.
Dogs will be brought inside when it is raining.
You may also be pleased to know that we offer access to radio and tv to all our dogs, although access to programs featuring pesky pussy cats have been eliminated for obvious reasons.
On the colder days of the year, we offer all dogs plenty of warm rugs for their bed, and if you bring a coat, we will ensure it is worn.
Regardless of whether it is winter or summer, all dogs sleep inside at night.